We are looking for a Business Manager to join Wakefield Council’s Public Health team in this exciting new position.
In this role, you will take responsibility for the improvement and development of public health affairs. You will proactively identify business improvement needs and opportunities across management. Lead specific programs, work in close collaboration with all the teams of the Public Health Department. You will be part of the public health management team. Key areas of responsibility include:
- business planning
- Departmental development
- Public Health Incident Response and Business Continuity Planning
For this role, we are looking for an exceptional candidate with experience and the ability to manage multiple agendas in a busy role.
The key to your success will be:
- Level of education at degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification.
- Qualification in project management or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of business and operational management, supported by theory and experience, including risk management process, business planning and change management.
- Knowledge and experience of developmental workshop development and delivery approaches.
- An understanding of public health incident response and business continuity planning.
- Experience in setting up and implementing internal business management processes and procedures, including risk, governance and financial monitoring.
- Experience providing business support to senior executives.
- Motivational skills to encourage collaborative working to improve performance where there may be resistance to change.
For any request, please contact Joanne Hinchcliffe, Public Health Commissioning Manager on 07917307437 [email protected]
To apply, click on the Apply now link below.