About 8 years ago, a friend’s brother needed help with a business problem. My idea of solving this problem with the little technology available at the time is what Softcom has become today. Softcom is a group of professionals whose primary objective is to add value. For 3 years, we have been supporting organizations in their quest for impact and growth thanks to Techn…
Learn more about this company
As a Commercial Director, you will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of development-focused accounts where you will be responsible for building strong relationships with key decision makers.
Your goal will be to become a trusted technology partner and support each account by developing solutions that meet their current and future needs. You will also be responsible for negotiating and selling products to retailers and SMEs based on identified need.
You will proactively seek out new business opportunities by generating your appointments and tracking leads. You will seek to establish a network of contacts and references that you will personally prospect for new business opportunities.
This role will suit a proactive and ambitious sales professional with a proven track record of working with SMEs.
- Responsible for leading the sector/unit to achieve revenue and market targets through our products.
- Provide effective account management to existing SMEs, maximize revenue and identify new business opportunities to sell our products.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to acquire and grow customer accounts in the respective industry.
- Develop a deep understanding of the potential customer’s needs and how our offerings and strategies can effectively address them,
- Ensure best practices in your approach to account planning and tailor solutions to customer needs the Softcom way.
- Prospect and qualify customers for your sector
- Proactively run lead generation campaigns and network at events to grow pipeline and business.
- Collaborate with other departments to win
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in engineering, business and humanities.
- Six (6) years of experience in sales, business management or a similar position.
- Proven leadership experience as a team leader or similar role
- Strong business knowledge with the ability to develop and execute business strategy and plans
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrable analytical thinking and business acumen
- Experience with key management software like MS Office and Google collaboration tools
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to simplify complex messages through written, verbal or visual mechanisms
- Decisive and able to get things done with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Motivating and results-oriented personality
- Attention to detail
- A positive attitude
The role reports to the Senior Vice President, Commercial and Sales
- Private health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation
- Work at home
- training and DEVELOPMENT