Development and New Business Manager
Salary: Around £54,000 a year
Hours: 35 per week, full time
Closing date: Thursday, February 3, 2022
Date of interview: Friday, February 11, 2022
Are you resilient and imaginative?
Do you have good negotiation and problem solving skills?
We are looking for an experienced professional who can play a leading role in developing partnerships with local authorities, developers and contractors to secure new business opportunities for affordable and market housing and then oversee their delivery in the part of our development program.
You will have experience managing staff and a proven track record of working with the Homes and Communities Agency on grant-funded programs and programs.
If you want to progress and grow in your role, we’re happy to help you get started!
You will be required to engage in a variety of tasks and functions such as: recruiting, selecting and integrating new colleagues; monitor and evaluate performance; coordinate and carry out major development projects; implement development programs in accordance with approved budgets and attend external meetings promoting the NCHA.
Are you up to the challenge?
Thorough knowledge of the Homes England capital finance system and current housing development issues is an advantage. It is essential that you have a relevant degree and/or professional qualification and demonstrable experience in the provision of property and programmes.
In return for your valuable skills, knowledge and experience, we can offer you a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days off per year with 2 additional days after 5 years of service
- Healthcare cash back plan worth up to £1,200 per year on your regular healthcare costs eg dentist, opticians etc.
- Company pension plan options with matching contributions by NCHA and includes life insurance coverage
- Increased maternity/paternity/adoption bonus
- Free enhanced DBS verification, where available
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work at NCHA
- Employee Recognition Program
- Excellent learning, development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cash back at major retailers
- Free access to the employee help line; offering a 24-hour confidential counseling service to discuss work or home issues with professional counselors
- Opportunities to join multiple networking and support groups e.g. LGBT Ally, Ethnic Minority Network, become a diverse champion, etc.
- Opportunities to attend social events with colleagues.
Working days and hours:
You will work 35 hours per week Monday to Friday – We value your time and want you to always enjoy your personal projects and commitments outside of work.
Nottingham Community Housing Association (NCHA) is one of the largest local housing organizations in the East Midlands. Across the region, we manage more than 9,000 homes; housing more than 15,000 tenants; providing over 1,500 beds for people with support/care needs, in over 250 properties; and provide over 950,000 hours of care and support each year.
Note: All successful applicants will be required to complete an online ability assessment and work-related test prior to interview.
For more information about NCHA, please refer to the attached documents “Helping Our Customers” and “Property Photo”
As a confident equal opportunity and disability employer, the NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified applicants, including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and applicants with disabilities. As part of our LGBT+ Allies program, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT+ community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
Black, Asian and minority ethnic women and colleagues are currently underrepresented in leadership positions and we particularly welcome suitable applications.