Business model

Calls for startups to co-develop a business model in technology applied to manufacturing

Pragati X Guest Internationally for partnering startups with innovative construction-focused technologies to reduce the housing deficit in Guatemala.

Registration is open until today, August 14, for entrepreneurs to participate with their startups in a program that aims to make the construction sector more efficient and sustainable through disruptive materials, solutions and technologies.

This is the fourth edition of Progresso X’s annual Global Open Innovation Exponential Changemakers program and invitations to participate are open internationally.

According to the estimates of the Urban Agenda of Guatemala, the country will have a predominantly urban population (75%) in 2032. In the specific case of Guatemala City, this migratory flow from rural areas is even more reflected, with a rate of annual growth of almost 2%. Consequently, the demand for housing and urban services will also increase rapidly.

This year, Progresso X, Progresso’s business accelerator, has decided to focus the partnership theme on startups that focus on tackling the challenges of creative solutions and developing buildings and cities based on the potential that represents each sector. Facilitate development. , to help reduce the housing deficit and increase the efficiency of associated services (water, energy efficiency and solid waste).

According to data from Anakovy (2021), a total housing deficit of 2.2 million households is estimated, of which 20% are in quantitative deficit-deficit, while the remaining 80% are due to a lack of housing. Among them, access to basic services -qualitative deficit-.

“Progreso is committed to the development of the countries and communities where we operate and we believe in the human talent and initiative that young people and trade union professionals can present to us in this challenge so that they can register and participate “That’s why this year’s edition of Exponential Changemakers is an opportunity for startups to apply their building experience, knowledge and skills, enabling them to face this situation relentlessly,” commented Eric Melgar, CEO of Progresso X.

Exponential Changemakers 2022

The activity is organized by Progresso X, which aims to create, design and realize disruptive ideas for the benefit of the world, with initiatives based on sustainability, through collaborative innovation between Progresso, startups and their ecosystem. Groups of startups participating in this program must propose solutions to the following challenges:

  1. Design process: Identify the design processes of a real estate project, from concept to construction plans, which allow a more agile, sustainable and efficient construction to increase production capacity.
  2. manufacturing system: Discover new manufacturing systems focused on efficiency, sustainability and flexibility that challenge the way we manufacture and increase production capacity.
  3. operational management: Integrate data-driven solutions that optimize the supply chain and management of supply operations on construction sites with the aim of reducing communication, delivery times, costs and mitigating risks.

who participates ?

Startups composed of startups that base their business model on technology applied to manufacturing, that solve one of the established challenges and that correspond to one or more use cases with at least 2 years of operation Is. This invitation is open to international startups.

treat:

Startup registration closes today, August 14. Interested persons can consult all the information and register at https://www.progreso-x.com/.,

A jury will select 10 high-impact startups. Representatives from each of the 10 selected startups will have the opportunity to travel to Guatemala to participate in a demo day and bootcamp. The Demo Day will take place on October 11, giving representatives from each startup the opportunity to present a pitch on their technology.

Following this, a bootcamp will be organized, a 3-day experience that begins on October 12, each representative will receive advice from Progresso’s Business Innovation Coach, workshops and conferences on the challenges of the program to optimize the solutions delivered by experts. for business needs.

during last day of presentation, each representative will again present a pitch with Progresso, proposing a co-development model. 3 startups with the best proposals will be selected to co-develop a pilot (innovation loop).