Business Leader – Regeneration and Housing Strategy
Permanent – Full time, 37 hours per week
Business Manager Zone 4 £63,403 – £66,745
Located in the historic market town of Newark in the heart of Nottinghamshire, Newark and Sherwood District Council is proud to be home to national attractions including the National Civil War Centre, Castle, Southwell Minster and Sherwood Forest , as well as some of England’s finest parks and green spaces. We are an ambitious, forward-thinking council with strong values and a culture of doing our best to serve our residents.
Over the past 12 months, we have developed, promoted and secured funding for a range of programs and projects that will ensure transformational change, including the Newark Towns Fund, Estate Regeneration, new transportation infrastructure and the Community Renewal Fund.
We are currently recruiting a Business Manager to lead, manage and achieve the Council’s ambitions, including:
- The successful delivery of our largest housing regeneration project in 40 years;
- An officer responsible for the design and delivery of our Sherwood leveling offering and other wider regeneration opportunities;
- Allow the development of new affordable housing throughout the neighborhood;
- Define our overall housing strategy, ensuring that we analyze both the news and the policy and regulatory horizon;
- Execution of health and community engagement programs.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure residents are at the heart of service delivery.
- Work with colleagues and partners to achieve positive outcomes in regeneration, economic growth and upgrading through strong community and business engagement and improved health and well-being of our communities.
- Ensure that we deliver projects within budget and within stakeholder vision and expectations.
- Work with local residents and town and parish councils to ensure we have a clear understanding of housing needs and expectations.
- Pursue funding opportunities to support our ambitions.
- Strengthen knowledge on the determinants of health.
- Act as the Council’s principal representative to government departments and the media.
- Extensive experience in a leadership position in a related field, including building and maintaining a motivated and cohesive team
- Able to successfully demonstrate the construction, management and monitoring of significant capital budgets where public funding has been sought
- Experience in liaising/working with key stakeholders from statutory and voluntary agencies, developers as well as the public and with elected members
- Proven track record in producing and presenting reports in areas such as housing, regeneration, health inequalities, place shaping and community engagement
- Ability to handle a demanding and diverse workload, meeting deadlines, budgets and priorities with enthusiasm and commitment
- Maintain up-to-date housing knowledge, including national, regional and local programs and operational best practices
- Knowledge to ensure compliance with our legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
What can we offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible and agile work
- Membership of a local government pension scheme
- A generous annual leave entitlement that increases with service
- Discounted gym membership
- Health Reimbursement Program
The opportunity to lead a professional and experienced team who are passionate about helping the Council achieve its goals and supporting residents.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] explaining why you are interested and how you meet the essential criteria of the person’s description. We want to hear about your experience and why this role is for you.
A copy of the job description/personal specifications is available from: [email protected].
For further information on the role, please contact Suzanne Shead, Director – Housing, Health and Welfare, on 01636 655520.
This post is ‘politically restricted’ as defined in section 2(1g) of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
Veterans/forces family/ex-forces, people in care/care leavers and applicants who declare a disability (as defined in the Equality Act 2010) will be guaranteed an interview provided that they have demonstrated that they meet the essential criteria for the position as detailed in the person’s specifications on their application form.
Closing Date: 12:00 p.m. Monday, February 14, 2022
Professional trials: You will receive a link to undertake this if you are shortlisted
Interview: Details will be confirmed once shortlisted