- Manage the overall corporate governance of the human resources business unit of a top 100 global university.
- Level 9, full-time appointment on a permanent/continuing basis
- Base salary scale: $119,390 – $126,335 per year plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious group of eight research-intensive universities. With a strong research background, a dynamic campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there’s no better time to join the best university in Western Australia.
About the team
Human Resources enables the University to implement and execute its People & Culture strategy to make the University a remarkable place to work, attracting and retaining world-class staff from diverse backgrounds who want to build careers, driving change, providing leadership and creating opportunities at an institution recognized for its excellence.
About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, you will manage the overall corporate governance of the Human Resources business unit. You will also play a leading role in the development and implementation of key deliverables, processes and timelines in achieving strategic and operational plans. Additionally, you undertake specific projects and respond to complex and diverse demands using your expertise and judgment to independently analyze and resolve issues.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate relevant tertiary qualifications (or demonstrated equivalent experience) and extensive relevant experience in corporate and/or project governance at an appropriate level. You will also demonstrate strong financial management skills with the ability to plan and develop large budgets. Additionally, you will have the ability to develop executive briefs and reports, query data, and develop dashboards and business reports that meet the needs of business users.
About your application
The content of your CV and cover letter (3 pages maximum) must demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing Date: 11:55 PM on Tuesday, September 13, 2022
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Therese Stalow.
This position is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Application details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and a fair and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe that diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognized educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe working environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disabilities.
- We have a globally competitive, gender-neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks of paid leave after 12 months of service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on campus child care facilities for children from 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and recently received Bronze Employer Status for LGBTIQA+ Inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and are actively working to improve gender equity.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the person named in the advertisement. You can also contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To allow for a quick response, please include the 6 digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.